Administration of Personalized custom icons for projects

Hi,

Last year the ability to insert custom icons to further personalize projects was introduced as advertised in this post here.
It’s a great addition but there is one thing that would make it even greater.

Currently you can go into a project and change the icon of that specific project with a custom one you manually upload. The problem is that you need to upload a new Icon every single time you want customization.

What would make it great is if you could create a personal “custom icon library” from which you can choose a pre-uploaded icon from - because you have already uploaded them in the past.
Better yet, when you upload a new icon, you should be able to choose if you want to save it as “personal” or as “company library”, similarly to the “custom field library” feature that is abailable on asana.

As an enterprise Admin, I was disappointed to find out that I am unable to create a company library with our own custom icons and make it available to all our employees.

Hope to see this implemented in the future.

Thank you,
Itay

2 Likes

@Itay_Kurgan,

Don’t forget to vote for your request with the purple Vote button at the top.

Also, I think it would be preferable to split off the cropping request into a new, separate request to keep one topic per request, the policy of the Forum.

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

Hey @lpb ,

I have removed the cropping suggestion from the original post:
Also, it would be nice if you could add a cropping tool as part of the uploading process for cases where the image is not square or for enlarging the icon”.

Thank you,
Itay

2 Likes

Hi @Itay_Kurgan , I think this is a great suggestion, you have my vote!

You could also add a link to your other Product Feedback regarding adding the cropping tool, so that others can easily find it and vote on that too?

2 Likes

Thanks @lpb and @Richard_Sather ,

I have created a new topic for the cropping tool.

Cheers,
Itay

2 Likes