Add rule trigger: “Task is in section” or “Task is not in section”

Another casualty of My Tasks v2 is that it’s no longer possible to protect tasks in certain sections from being promoted by rules like Due in a day or Due in a week.

This used to be easy to do by making custom sections within Today–those were insulated from auto task promotion (In My Tasks v1 only tasks in Upcoming or Today were subject to auto task promotion). Now that ability is lost. And it’s not even possible to adress with Business/Enterprise. My, and many others’, workflows are broken unexpectedly, this creates work about work on a daily basis, and there’s no solution in sight.

Please add a rule trigger like “Task is in section” or “Task is not in section” that we can combine with other rules to fix this.

Thanks,

Larry

3 Likes

Thanks for providing this feedback, @lpb. I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the new My Tasks announcement so it can be easily seen by our Product team.

We’ll keep you updated on any changes in the main thread too!

1 Like

I had actually left a pointer to it in the third prior post above. I thought the correct approach was to do that so people could vote on the request, but now it’s closed. I guess you’re saying that’s the right way to handle this?

Thanks,

Larry

2 Likes

Great question. Usually, it would be best to create a new product feedback thread. However, as this specific update is still rolling out and the announcement post is not closed yet, we have been merging new My Tasks feedback with the main announcement to keep it all together :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Julien_RENAUD this is exactly what you told me the other day!

2 Likes

This would be great! Great idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to highlight how this would be really helpful when working across time zones. One of the staff I worked with got a task assigned to them outside of their working hours. This task then automatically got moved into tomorrow before they started their work day. Then it is only visible to them when it comes into Today.

It would be great if Recently Assigned was able to be what it used to be

2 Likes