Add a Mind Map feature

Similar to the timeline - mind maps are interconnected and require tasks and people following it. Would be nice to have this feature implemented. Thanks

@florian.csintalan, I upvoted and agree. Until then, and in case you weren’t already aware, there’s this (disclaimer: I’m the creator):

Thanks,

Larry

8 Likes

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Hello, now with the new Asana, can I do that?
Because I can not export the sessions!!
Help me please!
@lpb

@Leticia_Ghisio,

Update on 11/9/19: Export from Asana to a mindmap is fully-functional again in Asana2Go. See Add a Mind Map feature below

Re export from Asana to Mindmap: The Asana Sections change means that part of the Asana2Go feature won’t work as initially implemented. You can still export to a mindmap all the tasks, but it won’t (yet; see below) know the sections they are in. However, other levels of the mindmap export come from a task’s subsections and subtasks, and those still work to generate the mindmap hierarchy.

Also starting from within a task by selecting subsections/subtasks works fine, and also starting from My Tasks, because those are “Separators” not “Sections” and are selectable, so perhaps that could help.

Asana2Go actually does understand the new sections behavior, but I’d have to rewrite the existing format “Mind Map - Export Asana Tasks to Coggle”. This is on my list, but not sure when I’ll get to it. I do write custom reports for clients, so if you are others are interested, please private message me by clicking on my avatar here or via Asana2Go.

Re import from mindmap to Asana: Asana changed the import feature and there have been a number of bug reports. I’ve been waiting for that to settle down before testing.

Thanks,

Larry

Thanks so much for your help!

1 Like

@Leticia_Ghisio,

Mindmap export from Asana to a mindmap using Asana2Go is now fully functional again. Version 1.6.06 will auto-update for everyone within the next few hours and sections are fully supported again in export from Asana to a mindmap.

For example, if you start with the Asana project template Team Onboarding Plan (a portion shown below):

then you can convert it automatically to the following in www.coggle.it:

The above is exactly how it is automatically created; no manual manipulation required.

All you do is: In Asana, select all 22 tasks in the project, click on Asana2Go, choose Mind Map - Export Asana Tasks to Coggle then click Save CSV/Text File. In a blank new (or existing) Coggle, just drag and drop the created file (From MacOS Finder or Windows Explorer). That’s it!

Thanks,

Larry

You are a genius!
Thanks so much for your help!
:slight_smile:

1 Like