Ability to schedule and post content from Social Calendar project in Asana to Social Media platforms

I am wondering if there is a way to have content from the social media calendar template to get posted directly to various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)

1 Like

HI @Jack_Zenert. Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, this is not yet an option to make a social calendar or board public (without Asana membership or guest access). There is already a forum product request for this where you can upvote: Feature Request: Public Links Hope this helps!

Thanks for getting back to me Bernie.
I guess I did not describe my issue properly.
I was wanting a wait to actually make a post on a social network, direct from Asana.
Whether it could be built in, or through something like Zapier

Hi @Jack_Zenert. I understand now. Yes, I think an integration like Zapier is indeed your best option to explore. There is no built-in capability within Asana to post to Social Platforms directly.

1 Like

I am not an expert and definitely new at Asana.
What could be a triggering action in Asana that I could use in Zapier to tell it to then post on Facebook for example?

Unfortunately there’s no way (or rather I haven’t found a way) to post content from Asana to social media platform, and I believe Asana is not designed that way. I’ve checked Zapier and also found no solution so far.

My current workflow is to have everything checked and approved in Asana, and then copy paste the content to social media platform automation (I use Later and Storrito to schedule the post).

1 Like

Hi @Jack_Zenert, thanks for reaching out! As it stands, it’s currently not possible to automatically post or schedule content in Asana to be published in social media platforms. I’ve gone ahead and moved your thread to the #productfeedback category to allow other users to upvote for this feature :slight_smile:

I would be surprised that Zapier is not able to publish anything using connector to social app :thinking: are you struggling with the trigger from Asana?

The social media calendar tool that I use (Later.com) has no API support for zapier. Not sure about other tools.

@Jack_Zenert,

Re how to start off the automation in Asana: An easy way is adding a certain tag to any task, say “twitter”. In ifttt.com there’s a trigger: “Tag added to task” to capture this.

Re action to take given trigger: ifttt.com has “Post a tweet with image.”

Explore ifttt.com, zapier.com, or other similar tools for what they each support.

Hope that helps,

Larry

Thanks for the information and moving the thread.
I appreciate that

Thanks you Larry, I will check those out

1 Like

Wondering if Asana can be used to schedule social media posts or if it is more of a calendar as a reminder to post on social media

It’s more of a calendar. There’s no native social posting functionality. You’d want to check out Hootsuite, Agorapulse, etc. for something like that.

Hi @anon79898261, welcome to the Asana Community Forum! As it stands, it’s currently not possible to schedule social media posts directly from Asana. But as Skyler mention, you could use an integration :slight_smile: In the meantime, I’ve merged your post with our main thread Ability to schedule and post content from Social Calendar project in Asana to Social Media platforms - #2 by Bernie_Orelup to consolidate feedback!