Ability to "Quote" a teammate's comment

I would help to be able to quote someone’s comment from an earlier conversations chain.

4 Likes

Bump. As long as nested comments don’t exist, we at least need a blockquote formatting option.

5 Likes

Yessssssssssssssss ! If there is 10 comments under some task and i want to comment 3 of them and can not quote, that pitty !

2 Likes

This would be great! Given that I can do it in the forum but not the app! :laughing:

LOOK A QUOTE

2 Likes

I and thousand of ASANA users need this option.

Still waiting!

THANKS

When will you be able to do it? Very uncomfortable without quoting

Would also greatly appreciate this feature.

This feature will make communication far more effective than it is now. If there are multiple comments on a task then it is a mess when one wants only to address a single point from so many comments.

2 Likes

Asana pls…

2 Likes

Quotes please…

2 Likes

+1

+1

1 Like

We are in almost 2021 and still nothing? I didn’t see anything in the doc

2 Likes

Agree that this is badly need and disappointed it’s not in motion. Very closely relates to:

2 Likes

+1

Yes. Hitting hard walls that again leave us really needing to consider abandoning asana. The last thing I want is to have to make things more convoluted and messy by adding in slack for conversations. It’s hard enough to get average team members to be strategic in how they collaborate. People will always do what gets things done now, quickest… which means everything is a mess in the long term and fragmented. As asana currently is… it’s leaving us in a situation where we will recreate as much, if not more, overhead and risks of communication siloing that it was implemented to to help avoid.

Asana really needs to have its own RICH chat features for real time communication. The project management and scheduling just become performative bs for a text book manager if it requires a bunch of manual reading and gluing together things to paint a picture (that we all know is never reality - but pretty for executives etc to feel everything is solid and make knee jerk decisions off what they see).

Hi all! Good news - we recently started rolling out linkable comments! :tada:

With linkable comments, you will be able to easily share and reference existing comments in Asana. Next to each comment, you already have a drop-down menu allowing you to delete and edit your comment - going forward you will also have the option to “Copy Comment link”. Clicking this option will automatically copy the link to your clipboard - from there you’ll be able to paste this link anywhere else in (and outside) of Asana.

We hope you enjoy this new feature as much as we do!

7 Likes