Ability to mass uncheck all the Attachments in the Outlook add in

Can I mass uncheck all the images from these so they are not pulled into the task with the email?

Hi,

Where did you screenshot this part exactly?

Sorry, its when I create task from an email in outlook.

not a big deal. more curious ā€¦and OCD

Also, i saw a pop up for your reply but canā€™t find where it could be on my machine. Did that come through asana?

Thanks for reaching out, @anon86957739! As it stands, itā€™s currently not possible to uncheck all attachments in the Outlook add in at once. Hopefully this is something we can implement in future updates, thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

The Asana Outlook app is very useful. The default experience is to automatically include all attachments in the email when creating a task. With the amount of images that embedded into signatures this makes the task very cluttered.

My request is to have a mass uncheck option in the Create Asana Task window to all a user to deselect all items rather than deselect 15 images one by one or many more if the email thread is long.

3 Likes

Completely agree. I too find the outlook app useful but this is a big issue on our teamā€™s end to the point where we have stopped using the integration.

Donā€™t forget to vote for your own recommendation!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us! We already have a thread on this topic so Iā€™ve gone ahead and merged this post with Ability to mass uncheck all the Attachments in the Outlook add in to consolidate feedback. Hopefully this is something we can implement in the future!

It would be great if I can remove the checkmarks from all images that Asana is auto-fetching from email signatures. Currently Iā€™m allowed to do that only by removing the check marks 1 by 1 which is not convenient and time consuming.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, @anon23942456! We already have a thread on this topic so Iā€™ve gone ahead and moved your post to Ability to mass uncheck all the Attachments in the Outlook add in to consolidate feedback.

1 Like

I have nothing to add except that I agree adding a select-all/deselect-all option for attachments would alleviate a lot of tedium and time wasted (every second counts). Like previously stated, this is an issue especially when using the Microsoft Outlook tool to create tasks in Asana. Any email with signatures can generate 5-7 attachment auto-inputs, and many more if the email thread is long. The image below are tasks created after two communications (and responses) and I was the only one with images in my signature line. :face_exhaling:

Just started using the Outlook plugin, which is great. One of the simple issues I keep hitting is many emails have many image attachments (everything from signatures to marketing panels etc). Some have 8-9 attempts. It would be great if there was a button to ā€˜remove all attachmentsā€™ (from the email you are adding to the task) rather than having to ā€˜untickā€™ 8-10 boxes each time, OR give us the ability to decide at a settings level to either ā€œadd allā€ or ā€œdonā€™t addā€ email attachments to the case and then allow the user to selectively add what attachments are connected to the case.

Welcome to the Asana Community Forum @Chris7777!

Since there is an existing feedback request thread about this topic I have merged your post into that one.
Donā€˜t forget to upvote.