Ability to create templates without a project owner or members

We have a couple of project templates set up within our team. As the person who created them, I’m set as the project owner in both cases. Consequently, every time someone creates a new project from this template, I get a notification that someone has shared the project with me, and I’m automatically added as a collaborator to every task.

If I remove myself from the project, there won’t be any owner or members, and the project will be stuck in limbo, with no one in the team able to edit or delete the project.

I’d like to request the ability to create project templates that don’t require owners, but can still be edited or deleted at a later date.

1 Like

Hi @Mark_Hudson :wave:

Thank for taking time to share this great feedback following the conversation with @Marie! :slight_smile: We’ll keep you posted as soon as we have an update about it!

Have a great Thursday!

2 Likes

In the mean time maybe create a dumb user to hold this responsibility… If you have on seat not taken, might be worth it.

2 Likes

That’s good advice, Bastien. We do have a dummy account set up specifically for reporting, so I just might transfer ownership to that. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi there
last discussions are already a year old and I was wondering if there has been any solution on this? I have the same problem and am added on all projects that are created from templates, which obviously is not the intention. Since we really want to make a move on using our own templates, I’d be happy to have a working solution instead of telling all colleagues they’ll have to remove me first. thanks!

Hi,

Is there any solution to this. We now have templates in limbo since no one is assigned. We did not know what would happen when we unassigned them.

Any news about how to remove projects that dont have a owner?

Not at the moment, still no way to identify them easily.

We’re onboarding 300 new hires using our onboarding project which I own. I’m getting thousands of notifications. Asana please help!?:slight_smile: :pray:

The reason is probably that you are a collaborator on each task of the template. You should remove yourself from those tasks (and all the already created projects :sweat_smile: )

We are having this problem as well. Any help on this would be incredibly useful!

I have a solution for you:

• create a gmail account bot+yourcompany@gmail.com
  • invite as a guest in your org
  • make it the owner of all templates
  • share the credentials with key people

That way no one has to be left as the owner :slight_smile:

1 Like