A Trigger from a sub task

Thanks a bundle Marc! I’ll pass this information on if our current plan does not work out.

The Dev I’ve working with now referenced this document at the start as to why it couldn’t be done.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, @Marc. Also, @Cataloguing and @Bastien_Siebman – if you were able to sort out any solutions via private message, please do share them with the Community in this thread. We’ll be glad to see what worked and use this thread as a resource for similar questions in the future. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Alexis, I’ve given up for the time being, it sounded though as @Bastien_Siebman and @Marc had a good understanding of what was required to make this successful.

My solution was to use webhooks calling a custom script and think of a subtask as a task with a parent task :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alright - let us know if there’s anything else we can do to help!

A post was split to a new topic: Setup a webhook in PHP

I’m not sure if this use-case is worth its own thread or not, but it’d be great if there was a way to use Zapier (or Asana) be notified anytime a task is completed but it’s subtasks have not all been completed.

Also would love to use Zapier (or Asana) to automatically assign all subtasks to the owner of the task within a project.

Hi @Josh_Jacobso - neat ideas! Have you tried this in Zapier already and it wasn’t possible? If that’s the case, then you might explore the Asana API! :slight_smile:

Correct it is not possible in Zapier.

2 Likes