100% cpu on Asana regularly at the starts of sessions

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the bug you’re experiencing:
I have experienced this for several months. At the start of the day (or a new session) the javascript inside the asana tabs jumps to 100%.

I have tried starting a new chrome profile, I have tried doing it in incognito mode, I have even tried running it in Firefox and still saw slowdowns. I’ve tried only running one asana tab.

My laptop is powerful and Asana runs fine for the rest of the time, but when I first start the computer, or first go back to Asana after a while it’s just unusable for the first 4-5 minutes.

I can either click around and wait for the huge lag trying to get a hover to be able to drag, or update some text, or sometimes it will fully lock up with the “tab unresponsive” and wait/kill options.

With it following me to Firefox as well it seems very strange and makes me wonder if there is some data in my account that is confusing the app and causing it to get stuck in some loop.

I have tried to whip open the dev tools and see what exactly is going on but it was all obfuscated so nothing made any sense.

Steps to reproduce:
At the start of each session.

Browser version:
Currently: Chrome Version 75.0.3770.142 (Official Build) (64-bit) / Win 10

Upload screenshots below:

Please change your policy for this forum software. It says I can only add 1 image per post because I’m a new user. That doesn’t seem sensible if you are using it for bug reporting.

It’s just gone through another batch of lag so I opened the chrome dev tools, switched to Performance, and recorded about 30 seconds of it. I’ve saved that to a json file but don’t want to share publicly unless somebody can confirm that it doesn’t have personal data inside?

Hi @Matthew_Harris and welcome to the Forum.

First of all I would like to thank you for this detailed report and for trying to troubleshoot yourself with different options.

In your case, I would recommend you to reach out directly to our support team who will be able to take a closer look into this for you. When you do, make sure to reference the URL of this thread to save yourself from re-explaining everything. You can also add more screenshots if you like to.

Thanks again for your patience and cooperation, and my apologies for not being able to help you further in the Forum! Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

1 Like