Will Asana be adding support for custom fields on the subtask level?

Would love to see this feature

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I can certainly see how this would be useful. We’ll bring the suggestion to our product team.

Hi All Is there any Update on the release of this feature?

Hi @Vijay_Chinnaraj!

Custom fields are set on a project level, and while sub-tasks are indirectly associated with their parent task’s projects, they are not explicitly added to the same projects. (This is also why they don’t show up in the project list/calendar alongside the parent task.) If you want to enable custom fields from a project to a sub-task you just need to add the sub-task itself to the project that has the custom fields you want to include.

For now, that is the only way I am aware of to enable custom fields for a sub-task.

1 Like

I now am in a team where we’re taking advantage of multi-homing and subtasks. Basically, most of the subtasks are also part of at least 1 more project. In that project, there’s a custom field for the defect number. If custom fields are supported in subtasks, it will be easier for us to see which defect number a subtask is assigned to. There won’t be any need to open the subtask just to see that info. It will be very useful!!!

2 Likes

This is the feature we are looking for as well. If we want the subtasks to be automatically a part of the project or use custom fields it would be wonderful to add this feature!

Thread closed. See open thread on this topic here: Will Asana be adding support for custom fields on the subtask level?