Who sees whom, a guide to guest visibility with Batman & Robin

OK, I guess that does make sense. I checked the Asana Guide docs on this topic - it’s pretty close but not 100% accurate. On this page it says:

If two people are seeing each other as a “Private User”, they are both Guests. If Guests see this, that means they are not working in either the same team or project together; this is to ensure that if you’re working with clients, they cannot see one another’s names unless you want them to. Once they are both working in the same project or team, their names will be displayed for one another.

In order for Guests to see one another’s names, they must be Members of at least one project together. Just add both Guests as Members to the same project and they will then be able to see each other’s names.

@Community_Managers, could you alert the documentation folks? Based on Bastien’s testing, I believe the last paragraph should instead say:

“In order for Guests to see one another’s names, they must be Members of at least one project or team together. Just add both Guests as Members to the same project or team and they will then be able to see each other’s names.”

2 Likes

Great, @Bastien_Siebman for finding, @Phil_Seeman for noting the Guide, and Asana for doing a nice, 100% implementation here!

Re the Guide suggested change, it seems like just a typo/omission since it already says as much correctly earlier where it does mention teams, not just projects:

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Thanks Phil, silly me, I had no idea the Guide could actually mention that situation :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Thanks for flagging this, @Phil_Seeman! I’ll pass this on :slight_smile:

This is an excellent post that was referenced in today’s London world tour! Thanks for posting it @Bastien_Siebman

Batman and Robin always win in the end :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for the explaination, it would be nice to have the possibiliti of make them know who’s who without been part of the same projet/team.