Where did the handy i info icon for project details on the project go?

The only way to view project details is to click down into project options now. Sad to see the handy i icon go!

2 Likes

Glad you also spotted this. Please do not take the (i) away OR give us a way to see the project info from any task.

2 Likes

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug youā€™re experiencing: You no longer have ā€˜iā€™ icon at the top of the project that brings up project overview.

Steps to reproduce: take a look, not there.

Browser version: chrome

Upload screenshots below:
Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 10.04.19 AM

Also experiencing this issue, let me know if you find a work around?

Perhaps this is an A/B test or an as-yet-unannounced change, but the workaround is simple: Use the first menu item in Project Actions instead:

You can vote at the top of this thread to bring it back.

Larry

1 Like

Today we noticed that the little ā€œiā€ icon, next to the project name when having a project open, disappeared. This icon was super useful as we use the FORM option to create new tasks a lot. Normally our users would click on the button and within the pop-up that opens we shared the URL to the form to create a new task. Does anyone else like to see it be brought back into Asana?

Iā€™ve merged your post into this thread where you can vote along with others to bring this back.

Larry

Hi all,

Someone on my team noticed that the project info button the small i in a circle that short cuts to the edit project details is missing.

So what was 1 click to modify custom fields in a portfolio while in a project is now 2 clicks: the downward carrot > Edit project details. And the general consensus on my team is a plethora of ā€œdislikeā€ gifs on our Teams chat, but that is at least humorous.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or was taken out on purpose? Donā€™t want to put it in the bug forum if itā€™s an intended change.

3 Likes

Looks to be gone on my projects too.

1 Like

@Will.S and @Brandon_Scheirman,

Iā€™ve merged these posts with a thread where at the top you can vote to bring this back.

Thanks,

Larry

Thanks for merging it! Do we have any confirmation if this was intentionally removed or not?

It seems that that answer would dictate Feedback vs Bug Report, but I may trying to be too pedantic lol!

1 Like

No, but I think itā€™s unlikely that it was anything but intentional, so I think feedback is the way to go, not bug report.

Thanks,

Larry

Thanks for merging these posts @lpb! I can confirm this isnā€™t a bug, but Iā€™ll make sure to share your feedback on this update directly with our team!

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to get my team to look at the project details more often, not less often - Iā€™m in the process of migrating a bunch of info currently lurking in tasks to portfolio-level fields, and I need it to be easier, not harder, to view this info!

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming Marie!
Agree with the other feedback given, and acknowledging itā€™s only one more click through the drop down menu to access the same information but definitely feels like step backwards. We need our teams to be in there often to enter and update reportable information in custom fields quickly (which is more finnicky from the Portfolio view).

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming Marie.

Quick question, is there anywhere that these types of changes are documented so we can look to in the future?

hello @Will.S :wave: We normally announce these changes and post regular updates in the private Ambassador Forum category, but unfortunately, this one fell through the cracks. If anything changes on this specific point in the future, I will post an update here!

3 Likes