Very Slow response times from Flowsana

Hi there.

I have been using ASANA for almost two years and find it to be a great tool. I have been patiently waiting for robust project management functionality. In the interim i have subscribed to Flowsana which best meets our needs.

We have projects with 100+ dependent tasks. The problem is that the response times from ASANA/Flowsana is making the tool useless. Can anyone assist in resolving this issue or provide any advice.

Hi there Phil.

I have been using ASANA for almost two years and find it to be a great tool. I have been patiently waiting for robust project management functionality. In the interim i have subscribed to Flowsana which best meets our needs on the 30 day free trial.

We have projects with 100+ dependent tasks. The problem is that the response times from ASANA/Flowsana is making the tool useless. It takes 15 seconds per item to update and as a result has negated all the benefits that we believed were going to be achieved.

Can you assist in resolving this issue or provide any advice. We have a 100mbs fibre internet line.

cc @Phil_Seeman :wink:

Hi @briank,

I actually just replied to Deborah from your organization who had written into our support system. If you’d like to send me a private message here with your email address, I’d be happy to add you to that thread.

Flowsana’s performance is bounded by several factors, including that it has to work through Asana’s API which has rate limits on the throughput at which it can access your Asana data. Additionally, it’s important to understand that with a complex project with 100 or more dependencies, and potentially multiple dependencies across multiple paths to take into account, the algorithms required to properly compute dependent task dates are pretty involved. All of this being said, I am committed to continuing to increase and optimize the performance of Flowsana in any way I can!

One of the things Deborah and I started discussing is the idea of “pausing Flowsana updates” so that you could make a batch of changes and then turn Flowsana loose on those. I’ve thought about this idea; it’s interesting, but one concern I have is that while updates are paused, you’ll make changes which conflict with the updates which would have been occurring, so that then when you resume updates, Flowsana will make changes which are not what you expect. Does this make sense? I’m open to your (or anyone else reading this post!) thoughts on this.