Typing in "99/99/999999999" in due date input causes an error in Asana

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
month, day, and year can be anything in the Board View (range selection). Unaffected in the detail view on the right.
Steps to reproduce:
created a task in the Board View. In the board view, type in an absurd date, I used: 99/99/9999999999999.
Browser version:
Desktop Chrome: Version 89.0.4389.90
Upload screenshots below:

Oh, and it crashes hard. with the poems 23 skillful dogs observe brightly, 27 faulty kittens hide rarely, 11 chubby warthogs sail too… on separate occasions… I assume that these are not cryptic pointers to specific errors… but shrugs

They are code the IT team uses to pinpoint the exact error :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hi @Tetrick, welcome to the Asana Community Forum and thanks for reporting this issue! If you set a real due date month/day/year, you should no receive this error. It seems it only happens when adding the date in this format: “1/1/10000000000”. I’ve gone ahead and escalated to our product team so they can work on fixing this bug in future updates.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi @Tetrick, this is currently working as expected. The error you are experiencing is because the due date field only supports due dates. If you set a real due date month/day/year, you should no receive this error!

1 Like

Of course if I only type a date, it will work as expected… the point is that a date field should be bound to dates, and shouldn’t crash a session if a user inputs something else (on purpose, or accident). The result isn’t a message, “hey this isn’t a real date, please fix”… it’s a crash. shrugs
An indirect and perhaps poetic analogy:
I can prevent losing money by not dropping it on the floor, but I’m more comfortable doing business in establishments that don’t have random grates strewn about.
I’m not really worried as I can’t imagine it to break in a more catastrophic way… I just thought to pass it along in-case you’d like to improve the experience and inspire confidence

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.