Is there any way to convert a Project you made via a “blank” template to an Asana template after you have already created it?
Hello @Jennifer_Springer and welcome to the Asana Community Forum
Yes sure you can mark any project as template, see point 2 here: How to create and use Asana templates | Product guide • Asana
@Jennifer_Springer - Are you referring to how to make that project into a template or…
…are you asking about how to map that project to an existing template after creating the project
(also, welcome to the forum)
Yes, how to map that project to an existing template after I already created the project without using a template.
We created 1 project using a template and the features are awesome.
I created another project not using a template and it doesn’t have the same feature set as the templated one and I can’t figure out how to enable the same. Would like to migrate it to the template version.
Thanks for your help!
@Jennifer_Springer - there’s not currently a way to automatically map a project to a project template.
But, to accomplish that as efficiently as possible, follow these steps:
- Create a new project using the template you intend to use.
- Go back to the old project and bulk highlight all tasks that you want to move. You can bulk highlight a full list by clicking a task at the top of the list, holding shift, and clicking the task at the bottom (up to 50 at a time). You can also use CNTRL+Click (on a PC) or CMD+Click (on a MAC) to bulk select tasks 1 by 1.
- A black “bulk change toolbar” will show up at the bottom. Click the clipboard and select the project where you want to share the tasks to (called “multi-homing”).
- Now that the tasks are in the new project, you can sort them into sections as needed.
- Once all the tasks that you want to retain are multi-homed, you can safely delete the old project.
It’s not an ultra-efficient process, and it’d be much more useful if I could just click somewhere to move my tasks to a template project, but this is the most streamlined way to do it currently.
Let me know of any questions.
Sorry, last question. Understand I can’t move my current project to a template but is there any way I can implement some of the templated elements into my current project?