Team vs Workspace

Hello, I work for a training center based at a university. All of my colleagues have a university email, so we have automatically been added to the university organization. Separate from this, we are building a workspace for our training center.

Would there be a benefit to changing our training center into a team on the university organization instead of a workspace? How are these two designations different?

2 Likes

HI @Marilyn_Blasingame,
the main difference between a TEAM and a WORKSPACE and information access.
in a same team, you can share projects and task and having only one inbox for all of your notification.
If you share different workspace, you can’t have everything at the same place and need to switch from a workspace to another one. It can become quickly annoying!

Unless you have a specific need for differentiation (i.e: personal vs work) I would then suggest to go with teams.
Hope this helps.
Regards
@Sebastien_Levesque

Hello Marilyn,

This describes my situation exactly. What did you decide to do in the end? Did it work out?

Alyson

Hello Alyson, We have continued as a workspace and haven’t tried to switch to becoming a team. Since we are a small group, this has worked out alright for us! I think if we had more division in projects it would be more difficult.
Thanks!

@Marilyn_Blasingame thanks so much for your response. Definitely gives me some peace of mind as we push forward to get all of our work into our workspace.

Thanks again,
Alyson