Subtasks incorrectly excluded from dashboard chart

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
I’m using a Number chart to total a custom field across a mixture of tasks and subtasks. I’d like to further filter this by an additional multi-select field. When this additional filter is added, all subtasks are excluded from the total.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a custom currency field.
  2. Create a custom multi-select field, with dummy values.
  3. Create some dummy tasks and data, give all tasks the same multi-select value, with some sub-tasks (also with values for the custom fields via ‘show inherited fields’)
  4. Create a number chart in the project dashboard, displaying a sum of the currency field
  5. Ensure no subtask filter is present
  6. Add a filter to only include the dummy multi-select field value
  7. Note that subtasks are excluded from the chart total

Browser version:
Using the desktop app on Windows

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Alex_Lacy, sorry to hear that! I’ve tried to replicate the issue on my end, following step-by-step, but even with the “filter by custom field” added to the dashboard, the values seem to be matching, there was no issue.

Because we had a partial outage yesterday, I’d recommend refreshing the dashboard and trying the process again today to make sure the problem wasn’t related to the outage.

If the issue persists, please reach out to our Support team with the same details you’ve provided here. They will have the tools to deeper investigate this for you. If possible, please include a screen recording of the issue as well.

I’ll move this topic to the Closed section, but let me know if you need anything else.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.