Sub Task assignees not displaying in Workload

If we assign a subtask to someone - we can’t see them as being displayed in Workload which is something we need to be able to see capacity clearly. Also, when are the custom fields coming to subtasks? :crazy_face:

Hi @Amy_Bozier :wave:and thank you for reaching out!

You are correct here. The reason why you are not seeing Subtasks in Workload Subtasks is because Subtasks do not currently inherit the project from their parent tasks. You can quickly add them to the Project and once you do it, they will be displayed in Workload. You can learn how to do it in this guide article.

Regarding your question about Custom Fields in Subtask, I’ll recommend you to have a look at this thread: Custom fields needed on subtasks. Feel free to add you vote and comment there.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any follow-up question!

1 Like

@Natalia - when I add subtasks to my project they suddenly show up in my list view as tasks. How can we add subtasks to the project without this happening?

3 Likes

@Natalia. Is there a way to add the subtasks to a project without them then appearing in the task list? I would like subtasks to show up in workload but remain as subtasks (rather than becoming tasks at the same level as the task they are associated with). Does that make sense?

1 Like

@Natalia I also have the same question as the poster above. It doesn’t quite make sense to me why a Subtask within a Task in a project is not automatically associated with the Project? Then when I associate it with the project, it move it to a Task level which I want to keep as at a subtask level. However, those subtasks should show up in Workload but they do not.

1 Like