šŸ˜© Stop trying to connect Slack and Asana

Yeah thatā€™s a good summation. I donā€™t see it as my place to micromanage my team on how they communicate between each other their tasks, works or collaboration. So in my scenario and environment if Iā€™m seeing Asana tasks complete leading to project closure, with good quality and timely delivery, Iā€™m not going to actively chase down where all the communications is happening and how.

If my team flag to me issues with communication, or if I see a trend of Tasks and Projects slipping, or having poor quality and delivery, I then might look into providing guidance or decisions on where collab should take place.

Because I guess itā€™s at this point Iā€™m looking at the specific communications and discussions. So if I see it spread across Teams, email, Asana and other platforms, maybe then Iā€™d be in the mind to say ā€œHold on guys, I spent more time trying to find your messages than actually reading them, lets get them all through Asanaā€

At the moment Asana messaging for us sees a really good use for escalation or grabbing attention. But our teams day to day comms still goes through Teams or Email.

1 Like

:shushing_face: Shhhhhhhhh! My team has NO IDEA that Asana tasks can be created from Slack!!! :rofl:

5 Likes

100%!!!

1 Like

@Bastien_Siebman
I found it sometimes is easier to introduce Asana more like a personal task manager. This way, they learn and can be trained properly. I cant stress enough how important it is to watch the instruction videos, then the Asana Academy. My onboarding is now for a team member to ā€œonboardā€ Asana, instead of onboarding to our company. We now setup a project as Asana training and information use, where anyone can view and discuss on our team. :grinning: Most project members love Asana after seeing how it can manipulate their personal tasks so the whole team can be transparent and on the same page. Are we talking about work or doing work? that was the ongoing question brought up when first training with asana in my group. Which later actually helps prove how useful Asana is in comparison to the others in mainstream like slack.

I agree that showing how to use the My Tasks view properly is often a pivotal moment in our sessions, where people realise how powerful it is and how they can manage their own tasks efficiently.

1 Like