Status Updates Adding Followers

Hello!

I am wanting to know if there is a way to add followers to a status update? I can’t seem to find anything on it in the API doc.

Hi,

If I understand correctly, the tool itself does not have status followers. The app has project members, and those project members can have status update turned on or off. And I believe that last information is not accessible through the API. Correct @Phil_Seeman ?

Hi Bastien,

I did do that where I add people as followers to the project, thus they get the status update. The problem comes when someone comments on the status update. All the people that needs to know about that comment will not be notified as they weren’t added into the status update itself.

My only guess as to why there isn’t a feature to add followers to the status update is that when a status update is created, it creates itself as a “message”. However since the “message” is a new feature, it doesn’t have any API functionality for it yet.

My understanding is that posting a status is now the equivalent of sending a Message at the project level. And with Messages at team and project level (it was like this with Conversations) you need to optin to the discussion to get notified of further comments after the first one… Does that make sense?

And if my analysis is right, you need is to force a collaborator on a message then?

I’m not 100% sure, but I think @Bastien_Siebman’s analysis here sounds correct to me.

1 Like

Hmm. Well, I guess the only thing I can do is wait till the message API comes out, but from what I researched it looks like it will be a while before that happens :sweat_smile:

1 Like