Start date and estimated hours

@Alexis Is there any prediction on how long it will take to roll out to everyone? I’m very excited to start using this! :astonished: :stuck_out_tongue: :muscle:

Hi @Pieter_De_Pauw - I like your enthusiasm! We don’t have an exact timeline but we can expect it in the near future.

Does this mean it is days away, weeks away or months away? If it takes more than a month, I might consider starting to use Instagantt already.

+1 for this feature, we really need multiple-day spans in order to effectively manage our time!

Thanks

Hi I’m confused, is “Start Time” available only on Premium or not at all yet? Also, I really need to show the length of tasks on the team calendar. That would be very helpful. Thanks to all the pioneers that started asking for this feature months ago, it’s critical!

1 Like

It’s a “premium feature and gradually being rolled out.”

It’s not with all premium accounts yet (I don’t have it for instance - cry), but they’re rolling it out. However, it seems it will remain premium-only.

1 Like

HI,

I understood that what I’m looking for is just for premium customers. This feature is actually super important for us, so before to upgrade my Asana, I’d like to check it and taking a look.
This page is not working anymore (How to Complete Task Fields in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide)
Where do I can see something about how it works?

1 Like

I’ll look into the link issue for you, Marco! Thanks for flagging.

I have been started to use ASANA some years ago because our product design studio needed something in between of a project list and gant.

What I really would like to have is more then a due date, but also a Starting date to set up in every task and the possibility to choose which project should be shown on the team calender.

I know that Asana works with Instagantt…but istangantt is another program, with more features and we another fee…

Is not possible to have a real visible project flow over asana’s calendar with starting and finishing task dates?

Hey @danielguajardok,
Any news on the integration with custom fields?

Hi @Pieter_De_Pauw!

Estimated Hours field is already integrated. If you have a custom field named “Estimated Hours”, we will automatically map our own field with your custom field.

And we’re just about to launch our new integration with the Asana Start Dates (date ranges) :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is beautiful news indeed! =)

Is there any timeline on when this will be rolled out to all premium users? we are desperate for this functionality…

3 Likes

I’m also asking but @Alexis is not able to provide a rough estimate I think

Unable to provide a specific timeline but I can say soon!

Does this mean I will have to check multiple times a day :smiley: @Alexis ?
Or do you mean “soon”, as probably not this month?

Pieter, alas I cannot provide a specific timeline. I wouldn’t check multiple times a day lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I’d say, periodically check in and pay attention to the Asana blog and you’ll learn the big updates.

Just got multi-day tasks and I was So Excited! :slight_smile:
But then I was immediately crestfallen :frowning:

I don’t seem to be able to FILTER by start date. I hope this is just coming soon, because without the ability to filter, what’s the point of putting all that start date data into the system without being able to filter and see what I’m supposed to be starting today? I’m very very hopeful seeing the field there - and immediately even more disappointed not to be able to use it yet.

Is Filtering by Start Date Coming Soon? (Or am I just blind and didn’t see it?)
Thanks as always for an amazing product… this was the one piece that was missing for me.

2 Likes

I have to think that they’ll be adding that capability in as they go, and this is just the first step.

to clarify, do you mean options for searching or sorting when you say ‘filter’

Yes, I mean the ability to create a list that shows items that should be started on or before a today. For me, I would really like a list of items I should be working on today/this week but not have to mark them all overdue in order to see them in a list.

3 Likes