Reminder for unpublished comments

That’s exciting news! Last Friday I was having a meeting with a co-worker and she pointed out twice that I’d left a task without clicking the comment button. This feature will be like Christmas for me (or going to the back of the wood shed).

1 Like

Hahah teamwork @RyanE :wink:

1 Like

Hey Asana Team!

Do you also know the situation when you wrote a comment and then switched tasks and forgot to save it? I love the feature that the text is saved but you don´t realize it until you ask yourself why you don´t get an answer or unless you are asked by a colleague. On other platforms (e.g. facebook) you are asked if you want to leave the page, if written content is not saved yet. Maybe that could be useful for others, too?!

Thanks for considering!

André

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback @Andre_Pollklesener! We already have a thread on this topic, so I have gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to gather all feedback on this topic.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with!

2 Likes

Thank you, @Marie! I wonder why I didn´t find this topic. :thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

No worries at all! It took me a while to find it although I knew I had engaged on it :sweat_smile: I updated the title to make it more discoverable, hopefully that will help others in the future!

2 Likes

Good idea :smiley: Thank you!

2 Likes

Sometimes when commenting on a task I will move away from the task without sending the comment. I’ve often discovered I’ve missed adding a comment to update my team due to this and wonder if a notification can be added to let me know I have ‘draft’ comment unsent on the task.
I know I could have better discipline…it just would help to have a notice that I have not sent the comment. Alternatively an area within Home with any unsent Comments, Conversations, or Status Updates could help (similar to drafts for Email).

2 Likes

@Marie, did this feature enhancement just never make enough votes to move up the list. I still do this to myself frequently, but on the web app and even the mobile app, and the ability to watch for those unposted comments would be awesome. I already upvoted this thread, but I just wanted to stoke the fire in case this still lingers out there a few years later.

3 Likes

Hi. It’s not the first time a comment remains unsent.
Please - as GMail or every other email software with auto-save - can you add in topic row a notification, when a comment is pending?

Maybe great also a page with all the task with pending comments.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Riccardo_Mares, thanks for your feedback! We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with Reminder for unpublished comments to centralize feedback. Please don’t forget to add your vote as well! I’ll keep. this thread updated once I have any news.

1 Like

Thanks for join my comment in this thread.
Really ASANA can’t to resolve this minor request since September 2017???

It is really demotivating for your paying customers.

1 Like

Please, please, please will ASANA create a feature to tag/list all comments sitting in ‘DRAFT’ mode… I use this ‘brain dump’ feature all the time, draft comments while awaiting additional content to attach before sending, but a complete pain trying to find them again, so I can complete and post. A tag/draft list of all unposted comments would be super useful. Please add to ASANA’s next prod dev sprint!

1 Like

This feature would be incredibly helpful for us!

Is there a timeline on making this available?

1 Like

This would be a great feature, I make this mistake more than I would like to admit.

Our team is affected by this on a weekly basis. It’s mostly related to writing up a comment and then forgetting to hit Send. I would love both a pop-up warning when leaving a page with an unposted comment, and an available list of unposted comments somewhere. Maybe even optional email notifications letting you know that you have unpublished comments.

1 Like

Hi all, we now have a widget in Home allowing you to see all your unpublished comments! You won’t receive reminders, but hopefully that helps!

1 Like

I don’t seen this widget yet. Should I?

1 Like

Same here, neither in my env nor demo env.

Larry

Still no widget. :sunglasses: