Public product roadmap

Why not make a public roadmap for future Asana versions?

Yeah, we’ve all read that our input and idea’s are being taken into account etc. But right now nobody knows which features are getting real attention (by fixing/changing/adding them) and which not.
A public roadmap would enhance communication regarding features. This category in the forum seems like a mess to me because nobody knows what feedback was already given, when, if Asana is paying attention to it, etc.

A good start would be something like the Unity roadmap

3 Likes

Hi @Frederik_Smolders. Thanks for reaching out! We’ve covered this topic in the following thread:

https://forum.asana.com/t/roadmap-for-asana/393/2?u=alexis

Why not just an overview of projects that are “on the radar”? This helps me decide if I want to spend money and time creating a work-around, or if I just want to wait for the feature.

4 Likes

Correct, that’s exactly what I meant.

@Alexis, I understand giving timeframes can be dangerous, but even a roadmap of subject like “working on” or “future” would be a huge plus.
Right now, no one has any idea if his/hers request is heard. I guess everyone wants to know if the feature he/she needs is coming or not…

3 Likes

Totally understand where you’re coming from. I’ll raise the idea and see what we can do!

3 Likes

Thanks, @Alexis! Please let us know what you find out.

Just wanted to follow up here with an example: Spotify does something similar to what we’re requesting.

**The Community team talks with various other Spotify teams several times a month about the ideas that have over 100 kudos. It’s from these meetings that we apply one of the following statuses to each idea: **

Good Idea, Give It Some Kudos - We like this idea. A decision has not been made but we want to see how much the Community continues to vote on it.
Not Right Now - We talked about this internally and it’s not on our timeline for the next few months or more.
Under Consideration - This has been brought up internally.
Watch This Space - This feature is coming. We have a rough timeline for its release.
Implemented - This feature has rolled out.

1 Like

I’ve been on this forum to find answers to basic things like switching from board to list view (you guys are using the same DB structure for both, right??) and have noticed that basic functionality has months if not over a year of requests, up votes, pleading and begging with nothing more than a simple “We’re thinking about working on it” as an answer.

I noticed timelines popping up into the product which are useless compared to the popular Instagantt integration. Yet I can’t make a basic change from board to list view. Who’s approving these decisions?

Can you publicly open up what it is your product roadmap is so your paying customers can know when to expect certain functionalities? I saw somewhere you do ‘Roadmap Week at Asana’…start posting them starting with the outcome from January 2018 forward. Your whole product line is geared towards product managers, project managers, BA’s, etc…we can help you.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Brandon_Jonson and thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

You’re completely right, we do have Roadmap weeks every couple of months; but as it stands we do not share publicly our Roadmap; you can learn why in the following post: https://forum.asana.com/t/roadmap-for-asana/393/2.

We’re aware that Switching from Boards to List View (and vice versa) is a very popular request, and as your Community Manager, I make sure to regularly relay your feedback on this topic (especially during Roadmap week). I don’t have a precise update to share today but I will make sure to let you know as soon as I do. In the meantime, if you haven’t yet, I’d suggest to have a look at this thread: Switch between board and list with an external solution?.

1 Like