Permit multi-select remove from project even if only one project

Hi

The issue I am having is that I cant remove tasks I have selected in bulk from a project. Noting that they are all in the same project. Please check the screenshot.

Screenshot 2020-04-27 10.23.52

Now I have to remove each task from the project separately because these are actually Subtasks of another task in the project I added to the project to make them visible in the list view.

That’s why they don’t show up in the Projects field, as you can see.

HI @Mohamed_Mohamed and sincere apologies for the delay in getting back to you!

What you are saying is correct. At the moment, it is not possible to remove multi-selected tasks from a Project if these tasks are nested in a given project only.

This is a known behaviour and our Team is currently working on a fix for this issue! I’m moving your post to the Current Bug report we have on this topic and I’ll make sure to keep you posted on that thread as soon as I get an update about it.

Thank you Mohamed! Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Hi,

Seems like 2.5 years later and the problem still exists.

I have subtasks is a project, and in order to see them in the timeline view, I “added” them in bulk (with multiselect) to a new section in the same project, and now that I am done I would like to remove them in bulk from this new section, but am not able to.
These subtasks are from multiple sections of the project, but even if I select a group of them that originate from only one specific section of the project, the ability to remove them in bulk does not exist.

This creates so much extra work now that I need to remove them one by one… I have been in this situation before, but usually with less tasks to deal with, this time I have about 40 to go through one by one.

@Natalia, you wrote that the team is working on a fix for this. Is it still in development?

Thank you,
Itay

hey there, following situation:

I have 10 tasks in a project and i want to unlink them from the project, p.e. to put them in the mytasks section. normally when choosing one task and seeing the description i can delete the adjactend project by hovering and seeing an X. this option is not available when bulking tasks. then you have the little menu at the bottom and you can link the selected tasks to other projects but you cannot unlink them from the current project.

the workaround is to link the tasks to another project and unlink them in the curent project but that does not solve my initial issue when i want to put them to mytasks. also i see this as a ux flaw, because when pointing out a single task this feature is possible.

would be great if you can change this!

I have never needed to move tasks outside a project and into the floating My Task section, but I have tried this now and I can see what you mean.

@Gregor_Kalchthaler, I’ve moved your post to an existing thread I created a few years ago requesting this same change.

@Gregor_Kalchthaler or @Rashad_Issa, One or both of you has not voted here yet, so please click the title above to scroll to the top then vote with the purple Vote button if you haven’t already.

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

Thanks @lpb I had already voted on this one and forgot about it.

1 Like