Online Status Indicator

It would be nice to be able to set a status as online or available for people, like myself, that work remotely and don’t have a set schedule. It would be helpful for other team members to quickly see if I am online across Asana, not just in a particular project, task, team, etc. Thanks!

There is a Holiday Flag in your profile settings that you might be able to repurpose.

Jason.

2 Likes

I think this would be huge!

1 Like

Hi,

working in a team also means that people have questions and will drop by. “Just a quick question … do you know where Mark is?” … “No.” … “Hm, ok, thanks anyway”.

Questions might not always be that insignificant but I´m sure you get the point. When you are dug into thoughts you want to stay in there and not being pulled out for a quick question or even conversation.

There are some products you can use. LED lights at your Laptop, little toy traffic lights (I tried that one), but that would also mean that a colleague has to walk all the way to your office to see if a little light is burning or not.

Provided Asana is the team communication tool it would be great if there was some status visualization. You maybe know that from VoIP Com-Centers. If someone is busy you can´t forward a call.

See who is available right now … that would be so helpful for me and others at our office.

What do you and others think?

Best regards,
André

2 Likes

Hi @Andre_Pollklesener :wave:t3:

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and for taking the time to tell us why this feature would be useful to you and your team! We actually have an existing thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with this main thread to gather all feedback and votes in one place! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m new here, and my company just started out with Asana.

I also realized the need to see which of my team members are online at any moment just so that I would know they would immediately see any message or convo created. Just like in other messaging apps, an online indicator would help. Also, an indicator to check which member has received/read the message or convo would be great.

Best Regards,
Kwaku (from Ghana)

3 Likes

That feature is more appropriate for longer breaks lasting days, and members must toggle the switch manually to tell that they would be unavailable for those number of days.

An online status indicator would be helpful in the next update.

Feature request: show to others what I’m doing right now so they could leave me alone

Welcome to the Forum @Nikolay_Yakovenko :wave:and thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

I’m merging your request with an existing thread to avoid duplications! I hope it’s Ok.
Please, don’t forget to upvote it! :slight_smile:

Have a nice Thrusday!

Hi Friends of Asana.
Do you remember the “users status” in Google Docs?
What do you think to add in ASANA a similar bar with the status of users, a classic “who’s online” bar.

User may set if “appear/not-appear” in this toolbar.
It may be useful to check if someone is still viewing/editing a task.

Thanks.

Hi @Riccardo_Mares that’s a great suggestion! This feature is not on our roadmap for the near future, but I’ll make sure your feedback gets to our Product team! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Vanessa, have you worked on that. Very useful addition especially for those working remotely.
Please let us know.

Thank you

Hey @anon5267938, we still don’t have any updates to share on this feature request, but we’ll make sure to keep everyone posted once there’s any news. :slight_smile:

Agreed. This would be nice. Clickup has this features — would love to see Asana catch up and implement it as well at some point.

This would be a great feature to add to Asana!

I’m also keen on having this feature on Asana because it really helps with knowing the status of your team members when working remotely. I don’t think this has been done yet and would really love to see it happen because I introduced my team to Asana and the previous app has some of these missing features.

One of the key features of asana is the live collaboration. This works perfect when you are with the team looking at project at the same time.

Suggestion: I would like it if when I am working in a project (not during a team meeting or screen sharing), that I get an indicator that tells me if someone else is in the project making edits somewhere.

How: this could be through a simple ‘online dot’ next to the individual name and even better if I can spot where they are in the project. For example, if I hover or click on their pic, I get a small pop up that tells me where in the project they are in

Use case: Monday morning, and I am working on couple of projects, follow up on pending tasks and seeing where the team is.
I am starting to trigger some follow up tasks. As I am doing so, one team member has started to update tasks and enter details from other stakeholders.

If I could see that they are updating certain tasks in the project, I could hold off issuing further tasks.

Another use case: business use is projects get status update on Fridays. While this is the norm, it would be good to see who is in the project making live changes. This might prompt me not to issue the update h trim they are done

Thoughts?