New projects are being duplicated

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Creating a brand new “team” ((T) with a set of associated projects. I use the default settings when creating this team. I then create a new (1st) project (A) and a single project is created. When I create a 2nd project (B), it creates B but it also creates B’ and A’ giving me this layout:
T
A
A’
B
B’

Oddly enough, the “…” is only accessible from the A and B but not the duplicated A’ and B’. When I delete A, it also deletes A’; same with B’ and B’.

I’ve deleted/recreated A and B and the issue still remains. I’ve also deleted team T and recreated A and B projects but the project level duplication still exists. I’ve even logged out/logged back in and recreated team T and the issue still persists.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a team (default settings)
  2. Create project 1 (any name - default settings)
  3. Create project 2 (any name - default settings)

Browser version:
Chrome Version 88.0.4324.104 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Firefox 78.6.1esr (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:
(where do you upload a screenshot “below” - all I see is “create topic”)

Hi @anon96945784 and thanks for the report - this definitely sounds odd. There is no option to automatically duplicate projects in Asana, unless you manually do it from your project menu following these steps Setting Up a Project in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide - or use a template to create a project. From what you’re describing this is happening “automatically” which we’ll need to investigate. Our support team will be better equipped to investigate this issue but ideally, they’ll need a screencast to see what you’re seeing on your end. Could you please forward them a screencast following these steps: How to contact our Support Team ✉.

In your video screencast, we recommend that you use a Chrome Incognito window and have your Javascript console open:

Try to include the entire browser window, including URL bar, in the video screencast.

I’m closing this report in the forum as the next step there is to contact our support team with a screencast, but don’t hesitate to keep us posted here once you found out what is causing this issue!

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.