Need Asana/Google access under Team Drives!

I understand this is probably more complicated than any of us fully understand, but it’s an absolutely necessary feature or else Asana almost completely falls apart as our project management system. PLEASE make this a top priority.

4 Likes

+1 Just set-up on Asana, whilst also setting up the company with Team Drives (as google makes the official move to Drive File Stream this seemed like the logical next step for any company who uses GSuite). And now - disaster!
Concur with all of the above comments. Will swiftly delete Asana subscription for my team if there is no confirmation shortly that this will be solved asap.

3 Likes

We also need this feature! How can you do it so slowly?(((

1 Like

@JC_Williams Did a manager get in touch with you? What was the outcome of the discusion?

Alexis,

Perhaps rather than send a box standard answer you could get a tech employee to enlighten us as to why this is such a difficult process for them? Having API’d Google Team Drives into another system of ours I can tell you that it really is not difficult… There are many, many, many people asking for this. We are looking to move to Asana, but this is making us look to other services such as Trello. Contrary to one of your previous posts Google does have the Dev kit available.

This post has been going for one year now with many votes and absolutely no progress, shocking to see such a modern company who advertises the fact they embrace Googles services not include one of their most productive functions. Can you please provide a useful answer rather than one that just says your guys are aware of the request? I know you can’t give time frames but has anything actually been done about this other than the team being made aware of the request?

1 Like

Hello all! Thank you for giving us such thoughtful input. We hear you and our product team is aware of your thoughts and feedback. We are taking your requests into consideration using the process outlined in this thread: **Read me first** How you can give feedback and what we do next.

Now that this thread is 12 months old and we’ve noted your feedback, we will be closing this thread in order to keep the Community organized and easy for visitors to navigate. Thank you again.

Exciting news, everyone! Asana and Google work together in many ways to help your team move faster. The Google Drive file chooser is built into the Asana task pane so you can easily attach files directly to tasks. We are excited to announce the integration now supports Team Drive in addition to files from your My Drive. It’s now easier to attach files directly to Asana so you know where work stands.

5 Likes

Hello,

I restart the topic concerning the integration of Team Drives.
This feature becomes more than necessary for G Suite users. We could connect our projects to our drives.
Have you heard from Google about the provision of an API for Team Drives?

Hi @Thibaud_ROYER Team Drive is now available in Asana! Have a look at Google Drive + Asana • Asana and Attaching Files from GSuites new Team Drive(s) - #109 :wink:

1 Like