Mark a task as "No Longer Required"

Sometimes plans change and you no longer need to complete a given task. Currently, the two options are to either mark the task as “Complete” (which skews your data) or delete the task (which causes you to lose notes on progress made). For subtasks in particular, it paints an incomplete picture when you complete a task called “Write first draft” but then delete a task called “Publish final copy.”

It would be great to mark a task or subtask as “No Longer Required.” That way, you see the whole picture, keep your notes on progress, and aren’t lying about tasks being “Complete” when they’re not (just to remove it from your task list).

2 Likes

I agree, we currently use a tag denoted at “killed” for tasks like this, however it doesn’t fix the issue of what to do with the unfinished task item. This would be a welcomed addition for my team.

1 Like

Yes! I would love if there’s an option like this. My team is currently struggling with a similar question - what do we do we tasks that are no longer required if we want to keep the data as accurate as possible but still have the documentation?

2 Likes

Same here. We would really appreciate the ability to mark tasks + subtasks as “No longer required”, “Abandoned”, etc.

Until/if Asana addresses this request, I’ve posted the best current options available for addressing this issue with the capabilities available now, along with a recommendation:

Hope that might help until something better comes along,

Larry