Managing future work in My Tasks

We often will create a new project from a complicated template that has many assignments. For planning reasons, we create all projects for the following six months. This often is overwhelming to an individual user’s inbox. If they have 10 tasks across 10 projects this will add 100 tasks to their inbox, many of which won’t be due for a few months. I have read this article regarding inbox management, but it falls short in a couple of ways: How to Get Started With Asana My Tasks | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide

I am not able to find the “Rules” button in the inbox. The “Customize” menu only had field toggles even though we are on the business plan. Even with rules in place, asking every user to set up inbox rules would be tedious and it would be far better for us to automate this at the project level.

Does anyone have suggestions regarding Inbox management and template assignments?

Did you consider assigning the tasks at the last moment? That would be W4.2 in 🔥 Hottest feature requests and their workarounds

When you mentioned Rules in Inbox, you meant in My Tasks isn’t it?

2 Likes

Oops, I did mean “My Tasks” and not inbox. I’m not sure I can update the title.

We currently wait to assign until the last moment, but that is problematic for planning. If one person has a tight schedule, they need to be able to understand upcoming work and plan accordingly.

Being assigned on a dozen tasks within a single project generates one big notification within the Inbox I believe, which you can archive with a single button. If that is the case, then that should not be a problem, isn’t it?

Regarding the Rules, if you don’t have the Board view on My Tasks, then you are still on the legacy version of My Tasks, V2 is coming!

Being assigned on a dozen tasks within a single project generates one big notification within the Inbox I believe, which you can archive with a single button. If that is the case, then that should not be a problem, isn’t it?

I messed up and never meant to mention the inbox. I really only care about the “My Tasks” section here.

Regarding the Rules, if you don’t have the Board view on My Tasks, then you are still on the legacy version of My Tasks, V2 is coming!

That makes sense. I couldn’t understand why the documentation didn’t match the interface.

Sorry I also got carried away :slight_smile: Then just move those future tasks into Later and wait for them to come back on the due date, or a couple of days before depending on the rules you create!

That’s the problem with their rollout that lasts months…

I updated the title for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.