Make an relative "@" link when editing templates

If it helps, I am also looking for this exact functionality. Would save me many hours each week. If anyone comes up with a work around that’s better than copy/paste of each link to text editor and then back to the task I’m all ears.

1 Like

i really could use this! Currently my solution is to create a “fake link” and make the hyper link http://# and then strike it out so that i know it is a broken link. Then i have a task that every single subtask with a broken link is blocked by so i can go in and correct all the links by hand before assigning them to my team… it is a very long and inconvenient process

When I create tasks in Asana, I include a link on the subtask description that indicates where the person assigned the task needs to comment or attach the finished product. This link could be to the main task or even a different subtask depending on the project.

The problem is when the task is made from the template, that link goes back to the template, not the newly created task.

If there was a way to create a dynamic link in the template builder so that you don’t have to go back through by hand and re link every single little link in the whole task, that would be great!

It could be as simple as providing a Copy task link within the template builder.

3 Likes

Hi @anon77230405, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback :slight_smile:

We do have an existing thread for this feature request in the #productfeedback category so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing one to consolidate feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if I have any updates!

3 Likes

If this feature gets developed I will cry tears of joy. Please asana team! Help us out!

1 Like