Loom integration with Asana

I’ve been using Joyoshare Screen Recorder to record virtual meetings. It helps me record videos in 1080p without latency, which is very important. It is trustworthy.

It would be awesome to have inline loom videos in descriptions and comments!

1 Like

I saw a video where someone pulled it off but I can’t figure out how he did it. Did you ever get this to work?

Here is where someone got a Loom inline video to show up: Loom integration with Asana

2 Likes

I would say the integration has been intentionally discontinued because Asana has released their own feature that allows you to record a video directly on a task. However these videos are hosted on Vimeo which is blocked in some countries so it does not suffice as feature replacement.

If somebody from the Asana team could elaborate on this it would be really appreciated.

It could be that Asana wanted to simplify the user experience and having to switch between two different platforms was seen as a potential barrier to adoption. Additionally, Asana may have been looking to create a more secure and reliable hosting option for video content. It’s possible the integration was discontinued to prioritize the development of their own video feature.