I can't delete a column; what am I doing wrong?

Hi @Maude_Standish! Have you followed the advice above? I can't delete a column; what am I doing wrong? - #21 by Marie

Mi Marie,
most people want to be able to archive or delete it without deleting all tasks (completed or not) before. Could this be fixed asap?

1 Like

We need to be able to go back to old tasks, so deleting them is not an option for us. We would like to be able to remove a column without affecting the tasks.

And the Board is a view of the tasks, right? That’s how we’ve trained ourselves to think of it anyway, so we don’t add or delete tasks when in the Board. So if it’s a view, in theory you should be able to manipulate those columns without having to do anything to the tasks.

1 Like

Hi @Flen and all!

Quick update to let you know we’re rolling out an update allowing you to delete Columns/Sections even when they contain tasks, so you don’thave to empty your column/Section before you can delete it. We’re rolling this update gradually, as of today it is available to 20% of our customers, and we’re to roll it out to everyone within the next couple of days; so if you’re not seeing this option in your account just yet, don’t worry it will soon be available to you!

Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Hi, Marie!

How can I move to the group of those 20% of customers who have an option to delete columns?

1 Like

Hi @o.a.kalashnikov, this update has now fully been rolled out and is available to all our customers!

1 Like