How often do Asana tasks update in Google Calendar?

Hi! I have Asana integrated with Google Calendar, and noticed it takes a really long time to sync. Do we know how often new or updated tasks update in Google Calendar?

Many thanks!

9 Likes

Hi @Pau_Josa :wave:t3:

After the first sync with Google Calendar, it will take up to 24 hours for a refresh and for any additional task information to appear. After this, it is up to Google’s software as to how often it updates the calendar.

While we can’t influence how many time Google performs syncs with Asana, we have reached out to Google’s engineers and have submitted a feature request to increase the frequency in which their calendars update. However, they were non-committal as to when or if they will implement this new functionality to Google Calendars.

Hope this answers your question; please let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

3 Likes

I have linked my Asana with my Google Calendar but when I add things to Asana with due dates, they don’t auto sync with my calendar. Is there a way to do this?

1 Like

Hi @Will_Welch and welcome to the Forum!

We already have a thread on this topic, so I have gone ahead and merged your thread with this existing thread. Have a look at my latest reply just above for more details regarding calendar sync and please let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

i have synced all my project to my google calendar and it seems that once i synced it all of my tasked i had at the time of syncing have been uploaded to google calendar.
But all the new ones i am adding do not sync at all.

Anybody has an answer on this issue?

1 Like

Hi @Nikolas_Pirillis and welcome to the Forum!

We already have a thread on this topic, so I have moved your post to this main topic! Have a look at my reply above to learn more about Calendar sync!

so from expirience how often do you see the new tasks syncing marie?

Because if it takes 24hr for a task to show in calendar it is useless because most next days tasks will never be shown!

1 Like

Thanks for the follow-up @Nikolas_Pirillis.

Unfortunately, I personally don’t use the Calendar sync feature so I might not be the best person to give you feedback on how frequently Google perform these syncs. Syncing additional tasks can take up to 24hours, which doesn’t mean it always does; but I do understand your point! Unfortunately, Google performs these syncs on their end, and we do not have control over how many times a day these syncs are pushed!

any alternatives we can use?

1 Like

@Nikolas_Pirillis, we have a real-time synchronization w/ Google Calendar. You can find out more about it here: https://office.reddiapps.com/processes/asana/googlecalendar.aspx .

@Marie, if @Maggie_Reddi of ProjectBuddy has indeed developed an app that does what users are asking for, why is it that Asana’s own developers can’t do the same? I ask without having tested ProjectBuddy’s app because I’m not allowed by our IT group to test anything without running it by them (a cumbersome process), but they have what looks like a well-developed website (not common for a group that’s not delivering a good product).

1 Like

Hi @Kim_McClive-Reed and thanks for reaching out!

This is definitely on our radar and we’re aware this is a popular request in the Forum. Unfortunately it hasn’t been prioritized yet, but rest ensured that it will be included in my voice of customer report for the team to consider. I will make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have more information but if there is anything else I can help with in the meantime, please let me know!

Have a great day!

1 Like

24h to sync??? i ve been waiting for an hour now to sync my new tasks to google calendar but didnt happen, thats already makes ASANA for me a big NO NO software to use

1 Like

We are considering Asana but it will not sync with Google after the initial sync. We have waited two days and still no sync with Google. I guess this is Google’s issue but we have to pass on Asana because of it. Too bad, there is a lot to like about Asana.

1 Like

Has the syncing issue been resolved? I have waited well over 72 hours and still no new tasks have been synced, however when I delete the calendar and re-add the calendar to Google, the tasks sync over. This needs to be fixed ASAP

4 Likes

@Marie - please update thread. Thank you

Any update on this @Marie ?

2 Likes

I have tried on many ways, included Google and Ical . I sincerely believe it is neither google nor Ical problem. It is Asana’s default bug, Asana Calendar does not proactively send update information neither google or ical, and Asana keep changing the sync Link every time you add new task on (Dynamic IP). So there is no way google can detect it at all.
So Asana, please be honest and admit your problem and fix it. Stop blame on other company and hiding your problems!!!

10 Likes

Please Asana, fix this. Why release an option like syncing tasks to Google cal if it doesn’t actually sync? Asana product dev teams have lost their way.

10 Likes

Hello Asana, I am a latecomer to this Syncing with Google Calendar party and am having the same issue as others. I notice that this thread began 16 months ago – in Oct. 2018 – and continues to this day, mid-Feb. 2020. As an Asana newbie who is discerning which project management platform to use going forward, the lack of response in fixing this issue doesn’t give me a whole lot of confidence in Asana in general. Please reply and update with current status. Thank you!

10 Likes