Hourstack alternative

Hi there,

I’m hoping someone can help, I’m feeling a little overwhelmed with time management alternatives to Hourstack. Hourstack is now moving to click-up and will no longer be available.

My team relies heavily on Hourstack for our day-to-day time management. The jobs we work on can shift on an hourly basis, and we use the Hourstack weekly calendar function synced with our Asana tasks to quickly and easily know what jobs need working on and when. This ensures we don’t overschedule work in a day.

We do also use the time-tracking part but that’s not the main feature we need.

I don’t want to sync our Asana tasks to our Outlook calendar as it doesn’t provide an easy overview of the team, and it’s just too laggy.

Does anyone use any other time-management integrations in this way, and do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi Jenny,

could you provide a little more context?

• Is syncing with your calendar a requirement?
  • Is the goal to see which tasks can happen on a day, or are the tasks tied to a specific timeslot?

If you help us understand your situation better, and preferably tell us the “why” behind the requirements, chances are you’ll get better advice. :slight_smile:

I’m in the same boat! Over the past couple of weeks I have been testing over 20 hourstack alternatives and I haven’t found one that comes close to hourstack. The features hourstack has that I absolutely need in a time tracker are unused time rollover, tasks that can be split into multiple time entries on different days, capacity management, scheduling tasks ahead of time without having to start the timer right away, and two-way integration with asana so that when I complete a task in hourstack, it is marked as complete in asana as well. I have yet to find an alternative tool that has all these hourstack features, but I’m determined to find something. I will check back in once I do. I have been toying with the idea of leaving asana and going to clickup if I can’t find a replacement. I have also been looking into Monday.com. I really don’t want to leave asana, but so far there’s nothing that compares to asana.

@Stacey_Williamson Thank you for adding this context.

@Jenny_Hickman could you add your context aswell?

Perhaps someone of @ambforumleader @pforumleader has experience with Hourstack or an alternative?

I’ve got a very similar problem and if I find a solution for replacing hourstack’s capabilities I will come back to post. Surely one of us will find a solution shortly, or otherwise help each other transition to a similar product that will integrate with another workflow management tool.

PS - having trialled using other workflow management tools Asana is our favourite by a good margin however the time tracking and planning features are really important to our business.

I’m in the same boat, and surprised that Asana hasn’t suggested some alternatives for those of us that have relied on Asana with the Hourstack integration. Hourstack is ending tomorrow. Has anyone chosen an alternative yet?