Holiday/Leave/Block off time - either as PTO, Holiday, or all day task

I would love it if an organization could denote when their company holidays are so that when scheduling due dates, it gave you a warning that you were scheduling something on a day when the company is closed. This seems like it should be a fairly easy thing to do. It doesn’t have to block scheduling things over that day in case there are some teams still working, but throwing a warning message would be helpful.

Love this idea! We use a lot of task and project templates with cascading dates, and while it’s incredibly helpful to see dates populate (x days from start), it would really take it to the next level if we could designate x business days from start.

That’s a great idea!
As a workaround in the meantime you can mark yourself as away in My Profile Settings for holidays in the foreseeable future and then you cannot be assigned tasks due those days :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, @Justin_Hill! We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged this thread with the main request to centralize feedback: Holiday/Leave/Block off time - either as PTO, Holiday, or all day task

1 Like

Hoping Asana makes this available soon. This is getting very challenging to manage all the project plans I have without asana telling me I’m tasking someone out on their vacation or time off.

1 Like