🤯 (Help)! Task not showing dropdown subtask arrow

Hi Everyone

Hope you’re all well.

For some reason (this only happened recently), my subtasks are not visible below my main tasks via a dropdown arrow. As you can see from the image below, the top example has x2 subtasks but the dropdown arrow is missing?

I just ran a test on a new project, added a subtask and this seems to appear as expected.

Any ideas? Im thinking it’s because said project has over 100 tasks and its a browser memory issue? Have the same results using Safari and Chrome.

Thanks in advance.

8 Likes

Hi @anon28232534 and welcome to the forum!

Most likely on the project where the nested subtasks are not showing, you have the view sorted and/or filtered. Subtasks only display in the list view if there’s no sorting or filtering.

If you’re interested, you can add your vote to have them displayed with sorting/filtering here:

7 Likes

Super! Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

This was the answer I was looking for, thank you!

How do we get this feature removed, or at least optional? A lot of my team members who manage their own boards prefer to have specific views, and it seems like they have to sacrifice functionality (the drop-down) to be able to do that. Sacrificing for customization doesn’t seem like a great thing

1 Like

Add your vote to the Product Feedback topic I linked to; that’s the access to providing input to Asana on things you want added/changed.