Getting tasks on a calendar for a specific time / duration

Hi all,

Our CEO and others use their calendar to manage their workflow. I know that Asana has a google integration that allows you to see tasks by due date as all day tasks but this has two really specific issues.

1. I don’t want to see things on their due date, I want to see them the day they need to be worked on…what I call a “work on” date. Can’t figure out why project management tools have that. I could use start date but then it shows up across many days.

2. I need task to be able to be scheduled at specific times. Like I’m going to work on the PPT presentation on Tuesday from 11 am to 1pm. Yes, I know it’s due Thursday but I need to do it on Tuesday cause I have other “stuff” to do.

I’m considering if I can create special fields and figure out how to use something like Zapier or Tray.io to push tasks in a certain way. I would love an integration that’s already set up and I’m totally open to changing google calendar.

We have google and salesforce.

Hi :wave:
@Marie maybe you should move this feedback to Product feedback?

1 Like

Hi @natalie.bergsma :wave:t3: and thanks for the mention @Bastien_Siebman.

1. I would really encourage you to use start date, this is the easiest way to see these tasks in advance. Another alternative would be to use a tag or custom field for your “work on” date; you could then sort your My Task or project by this custom field/tag to prioritize your work.

2. For scheduling your task based on due times in your Google Calendar, I’d recommend checking out this 3 third-party integrations:

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any follow-up questions!

1 Like

Hi @natalie.bergsma, did you ever get this figured out?

2 Likes

It looks like the third party integrations do it. I haven’t yet tried them out but am planning to. I’d be interested to hear if anyone else is.

Yes, we ended up with Skedpal and so far its working well! Just in trial period but it’s already streamlining the process.

1 Like

Is Skedpal working out well?