Feature request - Get list of task by ids in a project

Hi guys,

As far as I’m aware, there is no way to get list of task by ids in a project. It would be very helpful to introduce a new API for this.

At the moment, I would have to loop each id, then call get task api one by one. This is expensive and will exhaust rate limit quota very quickly.

Hi @Allan_Leong, can you share a bit more about your underlying use case? I may be able to suggest some workarounds if I know more about what you’re building.

For example, you could use a custom field, tag, or custom external data as unique identifiers for tasks instead of using task ids.

Hey @Jeff_Schneider,

I’m keeping track of a list of task ids in a project.
I need to get the latest updates for those task ids. Getting all tasks in a project might not be possible, since there might be too many.

Here are some ideas on how to approach getting updates on a group of tasks in a project:

• Use events to poll for updates on your project (you can filter to the changes you care about). You can then fetch only the tasks that have updates as needed.
  • Get all tasks from the project. Use pagination to help avoid rate limits in large projects.
  • Use a custom field, custom external data, or tag on the tasks you care about as their unique identifier instead of by task ID or project that they’re in. You could then request all tasks with that identifier.
1 Like