Excluding weekends from Daily Repeating Tasks

tasks

I use daily repeating tasks often. I have noticed some inefficiencies when these tasks repeat over the weekend as I am on a M-F schedule. Is there any way to exclude Sat and Sun from daily repeating tasks?

Making "Repeat X Days After Completion" Ignore Weekends

Set your repeat to ‘weekly’ instead of daily - this lets you choose which days of the week it repeats on.

Making "Repeat X Days After Completion" Ignore Weekends

What about for say “repeat 5 days after completion” - is there a way to also exclude the weekend?

For example, we have a project status update for clients that we have pop back up 3 days after completion. Time and time again though it creates a new task for the weekend as the 3rd day falls on the weekend and we have to delay it until Monday.

Cheers!

Thank you!

I don’t believe so. I haven’t found a way to exclude weekends. It would be nice to have checkbox or something that sets it to only count workdays.

Thanks for the feedback @abass! I’m merging this thread with Excluding weekends from Daily Repeating Tasks to consolidate feedback on this topic! :slight_smile:

Yep, in order to make use of recurring X days it’s essential to have the option to decide which days are included in that loop. Right now the function isn’t usable at all for us or anyone else who doesn’t work 7 days a week.