Exclude Weekends from repeating tasks

How do I exclude weekends from repeating tasks? We have tasks that repeat daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly and annually and I need to prevent the tasks from falling on a weekend.

For example a task that occurs monthly on the 7th I need to be pushed to the prior weekday if the 7th is a weekend.

Hi @Shaunie_Huzzey If you want a task to repeat on weekdays only, set the task to repeat Weekly then check the MTWTF boxes. You can then change the interval from 1 week up to 12 weeks and still exclude Sat/Sun. I don’t believe there is an option to exclude select weekdays with the Daily, Monthly, or Yearly options. See the screenshot below & also check out https://asana.com/guide/help/tasks/fields#gl-recurring-tasks

1 Like

Thanks Bernie. It’s a shame there doesn’t appear to be an option to exclude weekends for monthly and yearly recurring items - I would imagine that would be a very popular feature!

Hi @Shaunie_Huzzey :wave: Thank you for reaching out!

There are indeed a few threads in the Forum regarding this topic. I’m listing them below so you can add your vote on the once you are interested on:

Thank you @Bernie_Orelup for the great workaround! :grinning: