Enable filtering by Project Status

I’m loving the addition of additional Project Statuses of On Hold and Complete, but these seem purely cosmetic. Currently, we are unable to filter tasks based on the status of the project they are in.

It would be great to enable a filter in Dashboards and Advanced Search that could include or exclude tasks based on the Project Status. If the attribute is visible, let’s complete the job and make it a filterable criteria.

Completed projects may hold critical institutional information and records of accountability that is relevant even after a project is completed. Ideally, a portfolio manager could keep those projects in an archive folder AND rely on dashboards and reporting to only contain relevant information.

A few operational workarounds that may be useful for an individual, but do not scale well at the organizational level:

1. Reassign a project to an Archive Team or Project Owner, and filter those out. It’s clunky as all heck, easy to mess up, and makes searching for archived projects difficult.
  2. Remove a project from a portfolio after it is completed. Defeats the purpose of storing and organizing archived information using existing portfolio “folders”. All completed projects go into the same bucket, and it’s hard to get the information back out.
  3. Use the “Exclude specific projects” to individually and manually add completed projects to every chart and saved search. This just doesn’t scale.
2 Likes

Hi @anon89543821, thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback!

While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

I would like to see this on Portfolios, to filter out the archive and completed Projects also.

Agreed!

@Rebecca_McGrath any updates on this? would be great to be able to filter projects based on their status! I still don’t see this as an option.
@anon89543821 did you find a workaround for this?
Thanks!

You currently can filter projects by status in Universal Reporting:

(I’m assuming the initial request to filter in “Dashboards” means Universal Reporting because to filter by the Dashboard tab within a project doesn’t make sense.)

I agree it would be nice to do a search box Advanced Search with Status as a parameter, but until/if that happens, you can just click on one of the segments shown from the chart:

which will show the search results.

In Portfolios, you can’t currently filter by Status but you can Sort/Group by Status and collapse sections.

Hope that helps until the remainder of the request may be implemented,

Larry

1 Like

Hi everyone

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us - I’m happy to share that we’re rolling out Portfolio Filters!

Want to filter a Portfolio that has a long list of projects to get a more strategic view? Perhaps, you only want to see projects where owners have marked it as “At Risk”. Or, wanted to remove archived projects from your view and only see unarchived ones?

:rocket: What’s new?

Introducing Portfolio Filters - we want to make it easier for you to better manage your Portfolios by introducing basic filtering functionality to help you more easily create the views you need when you have a large list of projects.

To add a filter, it’s as easy as clicking on the “Filter” icon on the top right and selecting your view.

You’ll be able to filter by archive status, completion status, owner, priority, status or status update.

When?
This feature has begun rolling out to our customers and as of May 15, we’re at 10%!