Date selector does not appear in the browser on iPad

Because of the limited functionality of the iOS app, I often use Asana in the browser on iPad. This works smoothly, exept for the date selector:
You cannot define due dates, because the UI element to select/define a date is not shown when tapping on the corresponding icon.

Browser version: Tested on Safari and Edge, latest versions.

Note: When an external keyboard is connected to the iPad, everything works fine, i.e. the date selector is displayed normally. The bug seems, therefore, to be triggered by the fact that iOS tries to show the touch keyboard when the due date icon is clicked.

Thanks for the report @Matthias_Haldimann, I’ve gone ahead and filed a bug for our team to investigate.

I’ll let you know here once I have an update!

1 Like

@Matthias_Haldimann would you mind confirming what version of iOS you’re running on your iPad, as well as the version of the browser you’re using?

Thank you :slight_smile:

With pleasure: iPad OS 16.2, most recent versions of Safari (no version number on its own, since part of iPadOS 16.2) and Edge (108.1462.77). The bug exists in both browsers, as one would expect, since they both use webkit on iOS. An upgrade to iPad 16.3 did not have any effect either.

@Matthias_Haldimann quick update on this issue: Our team has reproduced the issue and found that the issue is related to the on-screen keyboard taking up too much space for the date picker to render on-screen. It’s very unlikely that we’ll have the capacity to fix this, so we would recommend to use one of the following:

1. Use an external keyboard, to prevent the on-screen keyboard from showing
  2. Use a larger monitor (external monitor or larger iPad)
  3. Change their display settings to render at something lower than 100% zoom, possibly 75% or 50%. This is likely the easiest option but I don’t know if iPads can configure the Safari zoom level per webpage instead of across all webpages, which could be annoying for the user.
  4. Use the mobile app

I’m keeping this convo open, but I just wanted to let you know I likely won’t have a solution anytime soon!

Thank you Marie for the transparent update and for the suggested workarounds.
It’s a bit disappointing that this bug will probably not be fixed.
I hope that more features from the webapp will be added to the mobile app. This will reduce the need to use the webapp on mobile devices.