Customised Dashboard elements saved to Project Templates

Hello, I’ve created a template for Scrum teams to re-use for each new sprint, customised to how we group columns.

I updated the Dashboard elements to only include the charts we need, however when creating a new project from the template, the Dashboard reverts to the out of the box elements.

Hi,

Did you actually create an Asana template or this is a project you duplicate? If this is a template, is it a V1 template (an Asana project) or a V2 template?
Because V2 templates don’t include dashboards anymore, see 9. on Project templates V2: what we gain, what we lose

Let me know so I can try to help :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, @Martin_Parzonka! We have plans to address this pain point with upcoming updates to project templates! We will update this thread as soon as we have any news!

Thanks Emily.

I fully appreciated things being on a backlog, needing prioritisation etc etc. Sounds like this feature is actually prioritised given your comment, do you have a general sense of when it will be available? Like, Q3, Q4?

We run in two week sprints, and needing to re-create Dashboards to suit what I want reported on for several teams every two weeks has fast become painful.

I’m currently in discussion with one of your sales reps about upgrading our org to Business rather than Premium, but with obvious features missing, there’s always a Jira or a Monday knocking on our door :grimacing: