Custom fields needed on subtasks

Thanks, very helpful!

1 Like

Ah, strike that. When I assign a subtask to a project, the subtask moves to the project outline. I need the subtask to stay in its original location AND have a custom field. Is that possible?

2 Likes

Based on my read of the article and a bit of mucking around I believe the answer is no.

Thanks, Jason. That is my understanding as well. Thatā€™s unfortunate, as most of the detailed action items on our team are in subtasks, but there is no easy way to update progress toward completion other than via comments.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion to merge topics! Iā€™m unable to speak to a feature roadmap at this time. If youā€™d like to learn more about how we engage with product feedback here in the Community, take a look at this post:

As a user who pays for Asana, with ā€œcustom fieldsā€ being one of the things I"m paying for ā€¦ Iā€™d really like to be able to create a custom field on my subtasks as well ā€¦ not sure why this isnā€™t possible!!

12 Likes

Iā€™m a +1 for this as well. Any news, @Alexis? Itā€™s a bit of deal breaker for my organisation (weā€™re just in implentation and set up stage). Many thanks.

4 Likes

Hi Elliott - I appreciate your interest in this feature. At this time we arenā€™t able to provide feature roadmap updates, however for a full list of new releases you can always take a look at Asanaā€™s release notes.

We also share the need to have custom fields on sub-tasks - it is very important for us to be able to track the status of each project, task and sub-task and a custom field appears to be our only avenue to do this. We are also in the implementation phase (trialling premium currently) and a real crucial prerequisite to justifying paying for Premium is this function.

6 Likes

Plus 1 for custom fields in sub-tasks.

4 Likes

Letā€™s get a ton of votes on this topic to get this brought to the forefront. I started paying for a full team of premium to get custom fields, just to find that subtasks are completely shafted on this front. Whatā€™s the point of having a subtask if you have to assign it to the project in a way that it shows up on your dashboards in order to use the custom fields?

Another feature which could be mentioned here, and might belong elsewhere: global custom fields. I use many of my custom fields on every single project that I have, but have to recreate the field in every new project. Inefficient, for an efficiency software.