Custom Fields in a Portfolio not populating

I created a portfolio and added a custom field that has data in it from the project. However when I add that custom field into my portfolio it remains blank.

1 Like

Hi @anon31530090,

Portfolio and Project custom fields are two different things and they aren’t connected. Creating a custom fields you have in a project at the Portfolio level will automatically update your Portfolio custom fields since these aren’t connected. You will need to update your Portfoliio custom field manually!

Thank You!!!

1 Like

@Marie Just checking in since it’s been a while since this thread has been updated. Other than typing in the status report, have you been able to connect the custom fields on the portfolio and the projects?

Hi, I am looking for the same answer. I have created a custom field “Effort hours” at the project level and I would like to roll the sum up to the Portfolio so I can see how much effort each projects are. I do not want to have to manually calculate this and add it to the Portfolio.

thanks for whoever can help.

Hello,

I am also looking for the same answer. I have Asana created Estimated Time and Actual Time at the project level and I would like to see their sum at the portfolio level.It’s an extra effort to sum them from different sections of project and add it to the Portfolio.

Is this something planned in near future?

Thanks

Hello,
I would also like to be able to compare the custom fields of several projects on a portfolio level.
the solution listed did not work for me.

Thanks