Creating Template from Projekt not working

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
When creating a new template from a project, the team selection does not work and thus no template can be generated.

Steps to reproduce:

I want to save a project as template. In the ‘New template’ screen I’m supposed to select a Team. If i click the select box a spinner shows for .5s, then it disappears. Nothing shows up to be selected. The ‘Create template’ button is still disabled.

Browser version:
Chrome Version 103.0.5060.134

Upload screenshots below:

That’s because you are not a member of any team. You are probably a member of projects in teams, but a full member of a team. Join a team and this dropdown will populate.

This is really bad design, it should be improved! pinging the UX master @lpb :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for your Reply - in that case I would really like to see an error message, that would save quite some time!

Me too!

The Asana designers are the masters, not me, but the simplest solution I’ve used for cases like this in the past has been to add a tooltip when hovering an empty Teams dropdown indicating the problem and how you can rectify it.

I’ve also seen that simple solution elsewhere in the Asana UI so I feel it could be a consistent, effective improvement here too.

Larry

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.