Creating a Project from a Project template with new end date is not working for all projects

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: We are trying to create a new project from an existing “project template”, it would typically ask us to choose a new start or end date, but we’ve found that it doesn’t work for all projects in our system. We can get it to work on some project templates, just not all of them.

Steps to reproduce:
Create new project
From Template
Chose a Project template, should have see a screen with the option to choose “next” but the only option was to “create project”, therefore missing the screen to add a new end date and have the dates automatically adjust.

Browser version: Version 89.0.4389.90 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Upload screenshots below:

2 Likes

I figured it out. The project MUST have a Due Date in the Edit Project Details

2 Likes

Hello @anon5076225

Welcome to the forum!! Thank you for posting this question. You figured it out so promptly!! :clap: :clap:
You are right, all the builds should happen when the project is in edit format.
I would also go further that it you have tasks that are dependant on each other, make sure you build the depencies before you allocate due dates or time ranges on the tasks. This will enable to trigger / update to take effect.

Any issues, don’t hesitate to drop back into the forum!

I have added a link to the guide which highlights all the details related to project templates.

Rashad

1 Like