Code snippets in Asana

It took them 5ish years to allow us to hyperlink text.

+1 +1 +1!!!

is this really 3 years old? wheres the cake?

woah! still waiting… I changed 3 jobs for this 4 years))

Hi everyone! Not sure if anyone has brought this up before, but you can’t format code snippets in Asana. If someone could implement syntax highlighting, that would be great.

Mark down is coming!

14 Likes

@Alex_Hood Do you know when in the roadmap? Thanks!

We’ll be posting an announcement soon @malandles, sit tight :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Wow. Thank you for finally getting to this.

YES! This would be a gamechanger!

SUPER EXCITED for this announcement!

Just started using Asana and just assumed markdown would work. Ha. But happy to hear it sounds like it’s being added now.

1 Like

Thank you, Alex! Can’t wait!

@Marie I’ve been eagerly refreshing every day but no announcement yet. Should we expect this in a matter of days/weeks/months?

@Wouter_van_Heijst, I’d recommend to Follow our Announcements category to keep up to date with what’s new in Asana! 📨 - #5, this will you’ll be automaticlaly notified by email when the announcement is posted. This launch got slightly delayed, but providing everything goes well, it should roll out with 1-2 weeks!

2 Likes

Thank you for this announcement, I am really looking forward, my dev team cannot wait any long!

Still no code snippet support in… its annoying to make screenshots of code to post it readable

This comment editor has more functionality than asana. quoting, blockquote, preformatted text, ...but hey we have stickers in asana.

2 Likes

Yeah please add code snippet support!

1 Like

As a software engineer, I often need to post code snippets in the description or comments section of a task. It’d be great to have code blocks like slack, where you can use backticks to surround your code you’d like to post and it’d post in a code block with a shaded background to respect formatting and highlight the code.