Carry Dashboard over in the project template

yes, this is highly appreciated as the default Dashboard does not fit at all, and I have to spend 30 min before every Sprint to set up a dashboard for the sprint project

1 Like

This would be huge for us. We have created dashboard for all out templates, assuming they would carry over when creating a project off a template. We create a high volume of projects based on templates and cannot spend the time to re-create the dashboard for every individual project.

Is there an update with regards to timing for this feature/functionality?

Add another person that needs this feature. I always get so excited when I set something up and it works beautifully, then I realize it’s only doing 80% of what I need. But I am hopeful they will add this. Because I am also spending 30 minutes at the beginning of each sprint to set up dashboards.

Totally agree. This is a very important feature for templates. I also copy the dashboard reports for every new sprint and it’s takes time.

I am pretty sure they will eventually do this, seems a logical next step for dashboards :muscle:

Hi there,

I’m using a project as a template, for which I’ve set up a series of dashboards & metrics, and duplicate it quiete frequently for similar subjects.
The issue I’m having is that the dahsboards do not duplicate. Is there a possibility of a fix for this issue ?

Hi,

You should upvote Carry Dashboard over in the project template

Hi @Sami_Belkadi, thanks for reaching out! We are working on this feature and we hope to launch it soon. I’ll update the main feedback thread as soon as I have any news!

1 Like

Hi everyone! :slight_smile: I’m excited to announce Charts in Dashboards are now carry over when you duplicate a project or create a project from a template that includes charts :tada: This update is available to all Premium, Business and Enterprise customers!

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi folks, this is just a quick update to let you know we have rolled back this update due to a bug and the option to copy over dashboards is currently not available. I’ll let you know as soon as the issue is fixed and the feature is launched again :slight_smile: Thanks for your understanding!

7 Likes

Hi,

maybe this is even a bug, but not sure. We have a project (Sprint Template – we copy this per sprint and like this we have setup our columns etc.). We took some time to setup our ideal dashboard for this, however: Every time when we duplicate the project, the “Dashboard” view is completely reset and not copied from the project which we duplicated.

Best
Bennet

1 Like

Hi @Bennet_Jeutter, thanks for sharing your feedback with us! As it stands, it’s currently not possible to carry over dashboards when you duplicate a project or create a project from a template. This feature was available in January but we had to roll it back due to some bugs. We hope to launch this feature in the future again, you can upvote and follow updates in the main thread: Carry Dashboard over in the project template

2 Likes

We need this so bad haha, having to recreate the dashboard on every new project is painful.

The whole idea of a Template is to reduce rework and decentralize expertise, i’ve created multiple templates and rules so different users can function without becoming Asana SMEs, but now i have to go into every other project and redo dashboards…

It really makes you not use Dashboards. I understand you are working on a fix already, please keep us posted. Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agree to all of these comments!! We need this fixed ASAP please :slight_smile:

Hi folks, great news… we’ve just launched Project Templates 2.0 which allows you to carry Charts from the Dashboard tab over to new projects created from a template :clap:

Check out the full announcement here:

3 Likes

Hi folks, quick update from our Product team - while we plan to support Dashboards in Project Templates 2.0, this isn’t available just yet!

I’ll keep you posted and update this thread as soon as this feature is rolled out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was the happiest person when it worked for a short period of time.

Copying every 2 weeks for a new sprint is soo annoying.

2 Likes