Asana Teams and Task Assignments

Hello,

I am trying to explore the teams component of Asana but don’t really understand. Can you assign tasks within a project to different teams? Can you assign a task to more than one person at a time?

In an unrelated note: I realized I can see every team member’s tasks. Is it possible to make the “My Tasks” section private or only have assigned tasks be visible?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Katie,

A project is always belonging to a team, but as you mention, yes the project’s members can be part of the same team, but they can also belong to other teams. In that case, they will only see the projects you give them access to.

A task is always assigned to only one person, having only one person responsible of a task is the best way to have it done, it gives clarity on who is doing what by when.

Concerning MyTasks:

• everyone who clicks on your profile picture can see your MyTasks
  • but thet will see only your public tasks, and the tasks of the project they share with you
  • they won’t see your private tasks (a task belonging to no project is private, a task of a private project is not seen either)

I hope this clarifies some points.

So in our case, we have multiple different teams working on one project and it would be useful to be able to assign a task to a team because it is under their scope of work. Does asana not have this capability?

Does that make sense?

No you can’t assign a task to a team.

A topic is already opened here: Assign multiple assignees on one task

And if you want to read more about Asana’s decision, you can read this article on their blog:

Julien, all of my client projects show up under my team. So now all of my clients show up as team members. How do I fix this? I am constantly being prompted to upgrade because it looks like my clients are staff members.
Thanks

@Laura_Frazier Could you add a little more detail. Are you operating as an organization and are you a premium member? In Premium Organizations you are allowed unlimited guests. In the free version you are limited to 15 users no matter what source. If you give a little more detail I think we can give you a little more direction.

HI James, I have a free account. But I was told I could have 15 team members and unlimited guests under the free account.

That is not correct, you can only have 15 participants from any source. If you buy a 5 member premium organization you can have unlimited guests

1 Like

Thanks James. It looks like the premium account requires 5 members for a minimum of $50.00 per month. :frowning: So for someone like me, that doesn’t really make sense.

I don’t think that pricing is correct unless Asana has discontinued their small business discount. I believe it is around $375. How much is it @Marie

Hi @Laura_Frazier and thanks for the mention @James_Carl :wave:t3:

Laura, I can confirm that:

• with the free version of Asana, you can have a maximum of 15 users in your Organization (including Members and Guests)

• if you have a Premium Organization, you can invite as many Guests as you’d like for free

Our 5 Member plan is currently priced at $37,50/months or $375/year. You can learn more about our pricing plan here and you can reach out to our Sales Team here if you have any questions regarding Premium plans!

Hope this helps; please let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Have all a great Monday!